I had a dr's appointment on Wednesday 7/1. The dr's had been watching my blood pressure pretty closely, and had told me that I would probably have to move my c-section date to 7/3, instead of 7/8/09. At my appointment, my BP was 160/96...the dr. sent me to the hospital for some monitoring. We thought for sure they would deliver me that day, but because I was not 39 weeks until Friday, 7/3...they sent us home and scheduled us for the first surgery on Friday morning. So we were at the hospital by 6 am on Friday morning, for surgery at 7:30.
Here is the one and only belly shot of my pregnancy...this was Wednesday at the hospital.
Introducing "baby sister" (we hadn't totally decided on a name until Saturday night)McKinley Grace was born at 8:19 am on 7/3/09
She was 7 lbs 7 oz, and 20 inches long
First foot prints
Jamie cutting a piece of the cord.
Getting everything checked out
First picture together
Hi sweet baby girl
They took her out of the operating room and into my recovery room to weigh and measure her, and give her her first bath. Jamie got to go along while they finished closing me up.
Her hair was really light the first few days, almost a strawberry blond color. It has darkened a bit since.
She looked a lot like Carter when he was first born.
Getting her first bath
My mom and step-dad kept Carter for us Thursday night. They were our first visitors after we made it up to my room.
Carter meeting "baby sister" for the first time. I think he was super freaked out by seeing me in the hospital bed. I still had my IV in, and they were still monitoring my blood pressure pretty regularly. I couldn't move my legs at all yet. I think the whole day was a little overwhelming for him.
McKinley picked out a present for her big brother to open in the hospital. Here is Carter playing with his AquaDoodle.
My dad had my nephews for the week. He was planning on coming into town on the 3rd and taking the boys to the Rockie's game. So he got to meet his new granddaughter that day too. He brought my nephews up to see us too.
Cousin Eli...he was a natural at holding McKinley.
Tanner was a little freaked and didn't really know what to think.
I think Max was a little unsure too.
Mommy and McKinley enjoying some quiet cuddle time.
I look like a giant puffball...I had soooo many bags of fluid through my IV.
Cousin Eli...he was a natural at holding McKinley.
Tanner was a little freaked and didn't really know what to think.
I think Max was a little unsure too.
Mommy and McKinley enjoying some quiet cuddle time.
I look like a giant puffball...I had soooo many bags of fluid through my IV.Saturday when Carter and Jamie came up to the hospital, Carter was much more at ease, and I don't think as freaked out. He actually wanted to hold her.




Daddy and McKinley waiting to get discharged on Sunday.


0 comments:
Post a Comment