Friday, September 11, 2009

Trip to Nebraska Labor Day 2009

We spent Labor Day weekend in Nebraska. We left on Thursday and returned home on Tuesday...it was a long trip, but so nice to be home. Carter did much better than I thought he would. He was super excited for our trip, but I could tell that he didn't realize how long the trip actually was!
Watching a little Bob the Builder.
We stopped in Hastings for the night on Thursday. We made all the usual stops on Friday before heading out to Omaha. We went to see Granny Di's new lab at the hospital. Carter above is checking out a slide. His favorite part was the eye wash station. We of course had to have lunch at Dally's Deli, then a stop at Eileen's Cookies.
Carter enjoying a frosted sugar cookie!
We had dinner at Grandma Carol's on Friday, and then Saturday morning celebrated Josh's 5th birthday at their cabin. Josh was super excited to meet McKinley.

McKinley and Josh
We tried to get a picture of all the Rohrig cousins...easier said than done! Hopefully between the 3 cameras, at least one turned out where they were all looking!
Justin, McKinley, Carter, Haley, Caden, and Josh

Grandma Carol and McKinley

These next few pics are pretty funny...Carter is really enjoying that soda!




Carter playing in the lake with his cousins and unclesCarter and Haley having races.
We also went on a boat ride
On Sunday morning we drove back to Hastings. I had been telling Carter about the park where we could feed ducks by Granny Di's house, and he was super excited. I think we fed those ducks 3 different times.
Granny and McKinley
Swinging
Feeding the ducks

Kali and McKinley....Kali loved holding McKinley and did such a great job with her

Carter and Grandpa enjoying a soda together....every time they would take a drink they would say "Ahhhhh"! Too funny!
So my dad just recently got a new scooter, and Carter thought it was the coolest thing ever. He wanted to go for a little spin on the scooter. I was a little nervous, but I don't think they got above 10 mph.
Hold on tight!
So, I thought I would give it a try...yeah right, I didn't make it out of the drive way. Then Jamie thought he could try, even worse...he crashed! Nothing hurt, just Jamie's ego! There goes some of his Christmas presents this year!
Carter and his cousins playing hopscotch...it was sooooo cute watching Carter jump the hopscotch board



Kali gave McKinley up just long enough for Kiara to hold her!
A quick shot of all the Uhrich girl cousins
Then Carter with the Uhrich girls
Kiara, Kassidy, and Kali
Monday morning, Carter was sooooo worn out, I think it took him almost 4 hours to completely wake up! He had so much fun playing with all his cousins, I think he was finally worn out!
We went to the Hastings museum for a bit.
Checking out a fire truck
I wanted to start with the Kool-Aid exhibit since the last time we were there Carter had a meltdown and we rushed through it. For those that don't know, Kool-Aid was invented in Hastings.



Jamie "selling" Carter a cup of Kool-Aid Carter chugging it downI think he walked away without paying!
Playing in the dino-dig with Granny Di

Carter spotted and picked Granny's first strawberry of the year

Then we had to go back to the park! This time to swim and feed the ducks
Pretty girl
Brrrrr....daddy that's cold!
Carter taking a swim


On our way home we stopped in Ogalalla for Runza. Carter didn't eat much there, so he wanted to take his fries with him. It was super cute to watch him eat his fries and ice cream cone....oh a face only a mother could love!

0 comments: