Thursday, October 30, 2008

Carter's first ER trip

Carter had his first trip to the ER this afternoon. I get a call from Jamie asking me where the nearest hospital is...ok...so panic set in a bit. There is an ER really close to my work, so I told him to go there.
So, what had happened was, they were outside playing, and Timber's ball went over the fence. Jamie climbed our fence to get the ball, and the section of the fence fell over, landing on Carter, and a nail sliced through his shirt and cut his back.
Not really knowing exactly how bad it was, I met them at the hospital, and after seeing it, I knew for sure that he was going to have to get stitches.
Carter seemed to be in good spirits while at the hospital, until sombody needed to do something to him...take his band-aid off, remove his shirt, etc...
He had X-rays taken to check no problems internally...everything checked out fine.
It took, me, Jamie, and 2 nurses to hold him down while getting stitched up.
10 stitches in total.
Here is a shot before getting stitched. The post stitches picture did not save to my phone...so I will add one later.
I am sure this is only the 1st of many trips to the ER in his life.
But, he is doing fine, mommy and daddy are fine - just a little exhausted!

2 comments:

The Shepka Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Shepka Family said...

Oouch...poor baby. Glad he is okay. We have had many ER trips, but not for something like that. I would of been freaking out inside, which I am sure you were at first. Happy halloween! Hope all is well at CT. See your pic in the director connection with fruit salad - cute!