Wednesday, June 06, 2007

36 hours, plus 6 hours in the airport

This past weekend, Carter and I made a whirlwind trip to Denver. I wanted to make it out to see baby Emma Lee. So, I decided on Thursday night to make the trip, or I would have had to wait until August. It was a quick trip, but it was great to finally meet baby Emma.

Saturday, we drove down to meet Katie and Emma and Sumer and Tegan at Southlands for lunch and shopping. Here is Katie and Carter

Katie and sweet little Emma Lee. She is such a cute little peanut, and hard to believe that Carter was never as little as she is.

Tegan loves to give hugs...Carter didn't always like to be on the receiving end of those hugs.
The boys hanging with the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory bear. They have fountains that the kids love to run through. We stripped Carter and Tegan down to their diapers and let them play. Well, actually they both were pretty unsure of the fountains.

"Well, Tegan, what do you think, do you think we should go in?"
"ok, I'm really going to go this time"

"maybe not, Tegan why don't you try it first?"
They didn't get too wet, maybe next time they will be up for playing in the fountains.

Tegan chasing after Carter, trying to give another hug.

Proud Papa John!
Sweet Little Emma Lee
We went to dinner, and Carter really only enjoyed his chocolate chip cookie.
Sunday, there were terrible storms that went through Dallas in the morning. The flight we wanted to get on was scheduled to leave at 9:15. It was delayed until 12:00. Then we ended up waiting until 2:00 to get on a flight. Oh the joys of stand-by traveling! I kept Carter awake by walking up and down the terminal so he would sleep on the plane. I had packed my camera, so I took this one with my phone. We were sure glad to finally make it home!
Next time, we will spend more time in Denver!

1 comments:

Sumer said...

It was so goo to see you guys!!!